Rules and Guidelines to Follow:
- No warm-ups will be provided (if you need to warm up you may do push-ups)
- Simply check-in and await your turn on the bench press
- Participants will start with the bar in an extended position and a lift-off assistance will be given if needed
- The weight bar MUST touch the chest and then be fully extended on each press (otherwise, the rep will not count)
- No bouncing bar off the chest
- Shoulders and rear must stay in contact with the bench while you are performing the lift
- If you stop during the press you are done (you may stop while having the bar in a lock-out position)
- No belts, wraps, or gloves will be provided. You are free to bring your own
- Judging by race officials is final and there are no exceptions
- Weigh in will be in running shoes, shirts, and short and it will be rounded to the nearest 5 pound increment)
Pump and Run Calculations:
The participant's time will be reduced by 30 seconds for every rep completed (max of 30 reps). This allows a participant to reduce their 5K Run time by a total of 15 minutes based on hitting the max of 30 reps. 1 Rep = 30 Seconds removed from 5K Time. There will be a Pump and Run Division that is separate from the 5K Only Division.
We will be basing the weight to be lifted by the same guidelines provided from the Arnold 5K Pump and Run. See image.