In order to use SkiSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
This race page is for Race #2 of 4 in this Series. Please be sure to sign up for the other 3!
Gorham Bike & Ski is excited to present The TruStrength Skimo Cup Series this season! It is an uphill/downhill racing series. (Skimo, alpine touring, telemark, split board etc). The series consists of four total solo races for the season. Each course will also have a Recreational short course for skiers that want to participate but don’t want to race.
The series will consist of solo racer events at each date. There will be a lightweight Gear and heavy metal division at each race. Racers from each category will be ranked and given points for their placing. Points from each race will be totaled for the season and we will crown overall Cup Champions from each division.
Race #2 preliminary map will be posted here soon *RD may make changes as event nears.
Expected Full Course will consist of approximately 3,000 ft of vertical with 2 long laps and 1 short lap. There will be 2-3 short boot packs and several transitions. Exact course will be determined by snow conditions. Short Course will consist of 1 single full top to bottom loop. This is an unranked division and thus racers can choose to descend any trail that best suits their ability with no penalty.
4 Person Relay – In the relay event, a team (composed of four racers) will complete the single lap course in stages. One racer will race at a time handing off to their teammate during transition. This race will be run AFTER ALL THE SOLO RACES ARE DONE SO RACERS CAN DO BOTH.
Requirements for all races:
· All racers must wear a helmet
· A single ski/binding weight of 1,360 grams (3 lbs) will be the cutoff for entering the Heavy Metal Division
· Poles need to be on snow during transitions
· All racers must have a pack that skis can attach to for races requiring a boot pack section
· A tow line can be implemented in the 2 Person Team race (ascent only)
· Other rules may be imposed by the race director at each event
· Racers are NOT required to wear masks while outside by the RD, if the resort imposes this that will be outside our choice). Racers will abide by the resort rules for indoor usage of masks
· Racers either need to provide proof of a natural occurring infection of COVID19 within past 6 months, proof of COVID vax, or a negative test result within three days of racing. Racers should not attend if they are symptomatic.
· We believe in personal privacy but also in public health and safety. We are giving lots of safe options here so please be honest and don’t let this be a reason for not racing
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.